High water bill?
Before you call a leak detection company, read this article.
When you receive a high water bill, check to see that the bill is in fact given on a physical meter reading or if the bill is an estimation. If the bill is an estimation, then the best way forward, is to ask your water supplier to take a physical reading of the water meter.
When the bill is given based on actual consumption, and the bill is higher than usual, then this step by step guide will help you resolve the problem as fast as possible so that you do not get another high water bill next month.
- Switch off all taps and devices that use water. Ensure that there are no leaking taps on the property.
- Locate the water meter. This should be located in towards the boundary of your property or in a closet located near the entrance of an apartment building.
- Look at the water meter for a few minutes to see if the meter is turning. This will indicate that you are loosing water somewhere other than the water you are using for your property.
- Walk around your property to look for a puddle of water somewhere on the grounds. Perhaps the water is leaking on the supply from the municipality to your building.
- Look for signs of water damage on the walls of your building.
- If you do not see any physical signs of water damage, and you know that you are loosing water then you could call a plumber who will use a hammer and chisel to find the leak, or you could call us and describe what you have discovered to our staff who will set an appointment to conduct a quick test. Once they have found the location of the leak and have an idea of the volume of water that you are loosing, they will advise you on how to repair the problem with the least amount of damage to your property.
We service the following suburbs
Bakoven, Bantry Bay, Camps Bay, Clifton Fresnaye, Green Point, Hout Bay, Llandudno, Mouille Point, Sea Point, Three Anchor Bay, Bo-Kaap (Malay Quarter), Devil’s Peak Estate, De Waterkant, Foreshore, Gardens, Higgovale, Oranjezicht, Schotsche Kloof, Tamboerskloof, University Estate, Vredehoek, Woodstock, Capri Village, Fish Hoek, Glencairn, Kalk Bay, Kommetjie, Lakeside, Marina da Gama, Muizenberg, Noordhoek, Ocean View, Scarborough, Simon’s Town, Bishopscourt, Claremont, Constantia, Harfield Village, Kirstenhof, Kreupelbosch , Newlands, Observatory, Pinelands, Plumstead, Rondebosch, Rondebosch East, Rosebank, Steenberg, Tokai, Bloubergstrand, Melkbosstrand, Milnerton, Montague Gardens, Parklands, Table View, West Beach